Tuesday 4 October 2011

Back to employment!

Hey yall,

Just checking in with a very quick update.

The last few days of last week were pretty hectic, calling and emailing recruiters, attending interviews, etc. I managed to get a day's work in a office not far from my house. It was an employee benefits service business of some kind but it turned out the office was being shut down, so I'd arrived on the very last day. Boxes of papers were all over the floor and pictures were being taken off the walls. I was there doing some final organising and photocopying. Not great fun but I was thinking of the $.

On Friday I went for an interview for a junior accounts position at a company in Burnaby that manufactures deep-sea diving suits and submarine rescue vechicles. Seemed like a really interesting place but unfortunately I didn't get it.

Saturday and Monday I was working at the Renaissance Hotel near the waterfront in Downtown Vancouver. It was basically shifting and assembling new coffee tables for all of the rooms. It was tough work and took an unbelievably long time to get them all up (there must have been new tables for about 450 rooms). I was working with a German guy, Sven, who was nice enough. He seemed to get the British sense of humour by the end of it as well - either that or he was giving me plenty of pity laughs.

Anyway, the major news is I now have a permanent job as a store assistant at a really nice store in Downtown, Hermes. It's a very expensive French high-fashion/design store. Not sure how I got the gig but should be an interesting place to work! I'll keep you updated on how it goes!



Much love,
S x

1 comment:

  1. Wow you got a job at Hermes - dunno how you swung that. Must be your innate fashion sense.

    ReplyDelete